Each clients goals and objectives are different and therefore it makes sense that each portfolio should be different and individualised to meet your personal needs. After we have ascertained your goals and objectives we determine how much money you will need from your investments within the next few years (in particular retirees drawing an income stream), how much you will need for big ticket expenses within the next five years such as home renovations, overseas trips, children’s education, etc.
At the centre of your asset allocation is your long term goal. From here we look at your risk tolerance as well as capacity to take risk and formulate a strategy for how and where you should invest your capital (generally referred to as asset allocation).
Our investment philosophy is based on discipline, risk management, diversification
- Discipline not speculation –Short-term choices (that may be based on emotion or hype) are speculative in nature and introduce needless additional risk to your portfolio. Instead intentionally choose disciplined long term strategies.
- Risk management relative to your goals – The most important measure of risk is the probability of not achieving the outcomes important to you. An aggressive investment strategy, with higher risks, may not be required to achieve your goal. Remain alert to the implications of investment decisions.
- Diversification is vital– Limiting your range of investments raises the level of risk and volatility without any additional return. Coordinate your portfolio with a sufficient range of quality, well researched investments without unnecessary complexity- so you can get a good night’s sleep.
- Don’t pay a premium where it isn’t required! Paying layers of unnecessary fees eats into the returns on your portfolio. We go direct to providers to find the best opportunities and negotiate the most competitive price we can with the pooled resources of all our clients.
Manage your Cash flow
A house is only as strong at its foundations so we need to ensure our lives have strong financial foundations. We can help by putting a system in place that harnesses and directs income, reinforce good habits and provides support to impede bad habits taking hold.
- Review your spending patterns. Have you ever said about your money ‘I don’t know where it all goes?’ Then you probably should find out. By reviewing your current spending patterns we can start to see where it all goes (which can be scary). Most people’s two biggest expenses are taxes and interest so we need to find the most appropriate strategies such as re-structuring your investments, taking full advantage of superannuation and maximising your deductions and rebates. Having an informed, independent perspective on your spending can help you identify areas that you may be able to save without impeding your lifestyle.
- Develop a cash flow plan that suits you and your lifestyle. We never get ahead if we’re spending more than we earn. Guide Financial can help you develop a plan, show you how you can track your ongoing spending against your plan and have a cash flow review service. Whatever your current situation, Guide Financial works with you to create a workable plan that grows as your needs develop.
- Help you identify the most sensible use of your cash surplus. The right use for your extra cash depends on your bigger picture. Should you put it against your home loan, save it, invest it or a combination of all three? As your financial guide, we can help with what will work for you and take advantage of the opportunities available to you personally.
We help you maintain strong financial foundations so when the storms come you can withstand them. As a client of Guide Financial you receive ongoing support and encouragement to revisit your objectives and cash flow plans on a regular basis.
Can I afford to stop working and if not, when will it be an option?
These questions aren’t unusual and for many Australians the real frustration is not knowing the answers. You want to be able to stop working when it suits you without having to worry about money.
Having to significantly drop your standard of living in retirement should not be necessary if you have a plan that answers these questions. The longer you wait the harder it will be to make up the gap between your superannuation, savings and investments and the income you will need.
We help you make an informed decision about when it’s the right time for you to retire, and to ensure you retire to live life the way you want to live it.
Retirement is the next stage of your journey, not the destination and we want you to enjoy it. We will be the ones worrying about investment returns and managing the risks that occur in all asset classes and we will be there to provide sound measured advice on maintaining your lifestyle. Life will always throw up surprises that need to be managed.
The first step is designing your ‘Retirement Plan’. Setting realistic goals and time lines around your ‘Retirement Date’ means you need to know how much money you will need and what sort of income you will require. With a proper plan you will be amazed at what can be achieved by you in a relatively short time and the impact that this will have on your standard of living in retirement.
Don’t put it off any longer. Come and talk to us about your plans and let us help you realise them.
Sometimes we need to be reminded about what our most valuable asset really is. It can be much harder to anticipate the financial consequences of your loss of health than the cost of writing off your car. Perhaps this is why in Australia we are more likely to insure our possessions than our health and income.
‘Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences’. Norman Cousins
At Guide Financial we discuss the consequences of the unexpected loss of family member’s income, health or life. This enables us to anticipate the needs you would like to cover in these situations. We can then generate a plan to protect you, and your families, lifestyle.
We evaluate your future insurance cover with many different insurance providers to source well priced insurance with quality features and definitions which will be tested at claim time. You can receive financial relief in a variety of events, not just death. Such as;
- Heart Attack
The security of insurance protection would be invaluable in maintaining a financially stress free recovery. It can assist with a myriad of expenses including the:
- replacement of income,
- costs of medical treatment,
- family mortgage, and
- other household bills.
If you lost your financial income would your family be protected?
Make your debt work
We all love the excitement of buying a house or a new car. The biggest spending decisions are often those significant purchases in life we borrow money for. The financial implications of getting the details of lending decisions right can be immense, perhaps saving you thousands over the course of your loan.
- We understand you We gain an understanding of your overall situation and goals rather than just treating your purchase as an independent decision.
- We save you money – The most beneficial structuring approach based on your overall situation; Assess the range of products from over 50 lenders to find your right loan; and Negotiate on your behalf for results often superior to standards rates.
- We save you time– Simplify the application process by doing the hard work for you. There are different types of debt – good and bad. We explain the difference and make sure that – where possible – your debt is working for you and your future. By weighing up achieving your outcomes against imposing financial burdens that overwhelm you, we plan a healthy financial journey for you.
- Whether you need a home loan, vehicle finance, investment loan or margin loan or just advice on managing your current debts we can help you.
Is there a better deal out there for you?
Guide Financial can check whether you can save thousands on your mortgage payments with our quick, free, online evaluation. No strings attached. Our qualified financial advisers have access to over 40 lenders can save you thousands on what is probably your biggest expense!
Goal setting for your future life
Take a moment to think about your finances.
- When you think about money what is your biggest concern?
- How do you currently make financial decisions?
- When you dream of the future what do you see?
- How do you know whether you are on track to the future you desire?
Don’t live with uncertainty, simplify your financial complexities and take the time to set your goals.
At Guide we always start our conversations around goals – be it with a new client or an existing one. What are your goals – they can be personal, financial, travel, family, home, study, health or even work-related. Every aspect of your life has an impact on your finances.
With our tried and tested goal-setting templates, together we can help you articulate your goals, write them down and work with you on your journey to achieveing your goals whilst having financial certainty alongside them.
At Guide, we’ve experienced the highs and lows of life through the myriad of situations we’ve travelled with our clients. From buying their first home, getting married, building families, growing businesses and retiring, to the range of struggles that can complicate a clients’ journey. Some of these experiences usually happen only once in a lifetime, but in our role as financial advisers we manage these situations on a regular basis.
In short, we understand the impact good financial advice can make.
You will be in the best of hands with our team. We have the experience and technical capability to assist in providing financial certainty for your journey.
Make the best of every opportunity, year after year, whilst knowing Guide Financial is alongside you every step of the way.